Current funding opportunities:
The Latino Coalition for Community Leadership (LCCL) Announces the Colorado Community Based Re-entry Services Grants- Due 12/11/14
The Work and Gain Education & Employment Skills (WAGEES) project is a new community re-entry program created by the Colorado General Assembly as part of House Bill 14-1355.
The sub-grant program is intended to be a mechanism to facilitate and support a strong partnership between Colorado Department of Corrections and faith and community based organizations (FCBOs). Four sub-grants spread between three parole regions will be awarded to FCBOs to improve the employment prospects of parolees assessed to be medium to high risk for recidivism by the Division of Adult Parole.
The purpose of the grants is to:
- Prepare these individuals for employment, by increasing the employment rate of participants,
- Decreasing the recidivism rate of parolees served,
- Increasing the rate at which participants receive high school diplomas and industry-recognized credentials
- Increasing the rate at which participants enter post-secondary education and training.
The project will provide sub-grants that are integrated with hard skills training, technical assistance and program delivery. Sub-grantees will conduct a three part strategy that:
(1) Provides for the direct or coordinated delivery of services for the target group.
(2) Develops linkages between the services of state correctional agencies, local parole offices, local drug and alcohol treatment centers and local workforce investment boards.
(3) Coordinate and leverage resources between other project grantees and training service providers.
The Colorado Department of Corrections (CDOC) does not anticipate having the LCCL’s contract in place until December 1, 2014. The legislation authorizing the grant program requires implementation to begin no later than January 1, 2015. Given the highly compressed timeframe, the LCCL will work to conduct outreach prior to 12/1/14 ahead of the anticipated contract date to give as much notice as possible to interested FCBOs. However, no awards may take place until the LCCL’s contract is fully executed with the CDOC. Any work or expenses incurred as a result of responding to this RFP is solely the responsibility of the proposing organization.
The free version of Adobe Reader is needed to read and edit the documents above. You can download it by following the link here.
To download formal RFP documents please click here.